“What an amazing book. In learning how to build your company to sell in the future, you’ll learn some powerful principles for making your company a lot more profitable in the present, as well. This book should be owned and devoured by anyone and everyone who is even considering starting a business.” — Bob Burg, coauthor of The Go-Giver
Do you want your business to grow and prosper without sacrificing the freedom to live the lifestyle you want? Do you want to build a company that you can cash out and sell one day so you can retire comfortably or go after your next big idea?
In Built to Sell, we discover that these two ideas are not mutually exclusive. The idea that you have to work your fingers to the bone for years to build a sellable company is flawed. In fact, the opposite is true. If you want to sell your business for the maximum amount of money, it needs to be designed to thrive without you – so the next owner can continue to grow and profit from your hard work when you’re gone.
Inside Built to Sell, you’ll find out just that: how to create a fast growing, profitable, scalable business that will give you the flexibility and freedom you became an entrepreneur for in the first place. And how to leverage that automation and profitability into a big cash buy out when you’re ready to move on to your next endeavor.
Here’s what you’ll find inside…
- A detailed blueprint on how to design a profitable, automated, efficient business that you’ll enjoy reaping the rewards from today, and will be ready to sell for top dollar down the line.
- A step-by-step walkthrough of how selling a business works, from finding the right broker to help sell your business all the way through to signing the last line of the contract (including all the critical mistakes and pitfalls you should avoid to ensure you get paid handsomely for all your hard work).
- Business automation secrets that will allow you to achieve rapid growth while actually reducing the number of hours you spend in your business, so you can create a truly scalable business that will thrive without you (one of the #1 things prospective business buyers will look for).
- How to streamline your product and service offerings to significantly boost productivity, and become a magnet for your ideal customers and clients.
- How your employee incentive plan could be scaring away potential buyers of your company, and the simple tweaks you can make to fix it (while actually boosting morale in the process).
- And many more strategies and tips for helping you get more freedom and rewards out of your business today, while simultaneously lining things up to get the maximum possible payout when you sell your company down the road.
“What do buyers look for when buying a business, and what should entrepreneurs be doing if they want to sell their firm? If you want to know, I strongly suggest you pick up a copy of Built to Sell, by John Warrillow. Covering every important aspect of the process, from attracting multiple bidders to getting the most for your business, this book easily explains what you must know and do if you want to create a business you can sell. ” —Steve Strauss, USA Today
Position Yourself for More Freedom and Profits Today, and the Big Payout You Want Down the Road
When you read Built to Sell, you’ll discover more than just how to design your company so you can sell it for a lot of money down the road. You’ll also find powerful strategies for getting more growth, profits, and results from the time and energy you put into your business today.
Following the principles in Built to Sell will…
- Make your company a stronger competitor in the marketplace.
- Dramatically increase efficiency and productivity in all the key areas of your business.
- Free up a large portion of your time by automating things you don’t need to handle personally.
- Increase profits by opening up critical bottle necks in your business processes.
- Allow you to start stepping away from your business more often with the confidence that things will continue to run smoothly in your absence.
And in turn, when the day comes that you’d like to cash out and sell your business, having built your business with these principles will allow you to…
- Quickly find a buyer, instead of spending years waiting for the right offer.
- Get the maximum amount of money for all the hard work you’ve put into building your company.
- Reduce the need for, or length of, an “earn out” where you are required to continue working at your company after it’s sold (when you’d rather be enjoying all the money you just made).
- Actually be able to sell your business and walk away with a sizeable nest egg you can use for retirement or your next big idea vs. walking away with nothing like so many business owners do who didn’t design their business to sell from the beginning.
“Most entrepreneurs don’t think about selling their businesses until it’s time to leave, which is a big mistake. As John Warrillow shows in this highly readable book, you’ll adopt sounder business practices if you build to sell from day one. Not only will you wind up with a better, stronger, more valuable company, but you’ll put yourself in a position to earn a larger financial reward if and when you do decide to sell.” —Norm Brodsky, Inc. columnist and co-author of Street Smarts
“FANTASTIC! Small businesses need this book. So many business owners have the dream of building a business that’s bigger than themselves, and getting away from the tyranny of constantly putting out fires. John’s book is an entertaining, to-the-point way of showing them how to do it. They might just find they like their business much better and not even want to sell later. But if they do sell, they’ll get much more value from following the book’s advice.” —Anita Campbell, Editor-In-Chief, Small Business Trends
Read the Book, and if You Don’t Like It I’ll Buy It Back From You (And Give You Four Free Bonuses for Giving It a Try)
Here’s the deal.
Buy the book by clicking on one of the order links at the bottom or top of this page. Then, complete this form and you’ll get these four bonuses just for giving Built to Sell a try…
- 12-month subscription to Inc. Magazine (12 issues) US Residents Only – Not Available in Canada
- Access to an exclusive one hour group teleseminar with me, John Warrillow, author of Built to Sell where you’ll get a chance to ask questions and get feedback on building and selling your business.
- An exclusive e-Book from The E-Myth Worldwide on building a sellable business (not available publicly).
- The Freedom Manifesto an 83-page e-book on building a sellable business by John Warrillow where you’ll find more case studies, tools, resources, and advanced strategies not found in the book.
And, if for any reason you aren’t completely satisfied with what you uncover inside the book – I’ll buy it back from you (including the price of shipping). You can even keep the bonuses as my “Thank you” for trying it out.
“As an entrepreneur you have two choices: Build a business to sell it, or build a business to keep it. Either way, as the founder, you need to prepare the organization for your exit. John Warrilow’s clever story about an entrepreneur named Alex will help you build a valuable, sellable business that really can thrive without you.” —Ken Blanchard, coauthor of The One Minute Manager® and Lead with LUV
“John does a masterful job in Built to Sell of illuminating the qualities that business buyers look for in a company, and he does it in a thoroughly enjoyable and engaging manner.” —Bo Burlingham, author of Small Giants from the foreword
“Just finished your book last night and wanted to pass along my congratulations. A terrific boon to all the folks I deal with on a day to day basis that are lurching from customer to customer trying to get out of the quagmire. Some terrific lessons which go far beyond my “How to catch a Leprechaun” chapter in my book which chronicles basically the same observation about the lack of preparedness of most business owners for the sale of their business. One of the strengths of the book is the continuity. It was great following Alex through his trials and tribulations. Very real life. I fully intend on sharing with my customers and TEC. I’m sure it will be a tremendous success!” —Bruce Hunter, Chair, TEC (Vistage) Canada
“John Warrillow’s story gets business leaders to focus on a critical question: If others wouldn’t pay a fortune for your business, do you have a business worth growing? This is essential reading for owners looking to build a valuable business.” —Verne Harnish, Founder, Gazelles, Bestselling author of The Rockefeller Habits
“Your business just might be worthless if you don’t read this book.” —John Jantsch, Bestselling author of Duct Tape Marketing
“As we’ve always advised at StartupNation, the end depends upon the beginning. Built To Sell, like other great business books, brings into clarity the game-changing importance of clearly envisioning the destiny of your business. But even more, it tells you how to bring that destiny to life.” —Rich Sloan, Co-founder and chief startupologist of StartupNation
Built to Sell reminds me of Eliyahu M. Goldratt’s The Goal, in the way that the valuable lessons about successfully exiting a service business are intertwined with Alex Stapleton’s compelling story. Alex’s story drew me in immediately. Any current or aspiring service business owner should read Built to Sell and take heed of John Warrillow’s valuable lessons and Alex Stapleton’s enriching and engaging experience.” —Mike Handelsman, General Manager, Bizbuysell.com