About this Episode
So, your business is ready to sell. But are you? Here’s the other side of the ledger you may have forgotten to consider.
To have a happy and lucrative exit, you need two things:
- A business that is ready to sell
- An owner that is personally ready to sell
…Yet so many owners fail to consider the latter and wind up crippled with depression because of their regret to exit – which is exactly what happened to one owner after he accepted a $26 million offer.
How can that be possible?
In this week’s special episode, host John Warrillow shares insight into the 4 key drivers of a satisfying exit, including the tragic lessons learned from other owners and the steps you can take as a business owner today to ensure the next chapter of your life will not be riddled with regret.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The 4 factors that lead to a happy and lucrative business exit
- The definition of “pull” and “push” factors and why you need more of the former
- The best way to increase your leverage (and get the deal terms you want) when selling your business
- The role ego plays in ensuring you thrive in your life after selling
- The essential steps for telling your employees about your exit
- The single most important trick to a satisfying exit
- The single biggest regret most owners have when they exit (and how to avoid it).
About our guest
John is the host of Built To Sell Radio and founder of The Value Builder System™. His mission is to level the playing field for business owners as they approach their exit. John’s best-selling book, Built to Sell: Creating a Business That Can Thrive Without You, was recognized by both Fortune and Inc. Magazine as one of the best business books of 2011 and has been translated into four languages. In 2015, John wrote another best-selling book: The Automatic Customer: Creating A Subscription Business In Any Industry.